Secrets of a Tour Guide
The best way to get to know your school is by walking around the campus. Learn what UWM is all about by taking our guided tour, See Milwaukee. The current students who serve as guides will be happy to tell you why they are #PantherProud. Meet with an admissions advisor and get acquainted with our beautiful campus and surrounding neighborhood.
College of Letters & Science
“After taking my own tour of UWM, I was immediately able to visualize myself on campus and in the beautiful city of Milwaukee. I love UWM, because it provided me with opportunities I never envisioned for myself, such as getting involved on campus and meeting students and staff who are extremely passionate about UWM. As a tour guide, I get to connect with students and families and — from personal experience — show them the possibilities that UWM has to offer. Students: please tour campus. You’ll see that UWM still has a comfortable closeness in an urban setting. I advise any students visiting UWM to come with an open mind and an open heart, because we will be ready to welcome you with open arms!”
Now that you know why our tour guides love what they do, here’s what they hope you take away from your time spent exploring campus with them:
- Learn about our close-knit community on a compact campus.
- Our student body is the most diverse in the UW System, with the largest number of student veterans.
- Campus Pride has acknowledged us as one of the top 25 LGBTQ-friendly universities in the nation.
- Students live in suite-style residence halls (no need to share a bathroom with 20+ others) and multiple Living Learning Communities.
- Explore the city by using our Milwaukee County Transit System with your tuition-included bus pass.
- Check out our neighboring communities for food and fun: Bayshore Town Center, Shorewood restaurants, Riverwest, etc.
- Don’t forget to check out the walking and bicycling trails leading you around campus, along the lakefront and beyond!
- Benefit from an urban university in a residential setting, that’s not too far away from city life.
- Our students receive continued support with peer mentors, advisors, student resources and community connections!